111 South 7th Avenue
Maywood, IL 60153

History

  • 1905 Ryan Teaming Company was established with horse drawn wagons under John Ryan at Harrison and Loomis in Chicago.
  • 1919 Timothy Harry Ryan takes over company and renames it to T. H. Ryan Cartage Contractors.
  • 1920 T.H. Ryan buys its first truck.
  • 1948 John D. Ryan comes into the business.
  • 1950 Larry Ryan brother of John D. joins business The company has 25 trucks. Old T.H. Ryan Truck •1960 Company moves from Chicago to Melrose Park at 25th and Division.
  • 1980 In January the company moves from Melrose Park to a much larger facility in Maywood at Saint Charles and 7th Avenue. Don Ryan’s oldest son Mike Ryan joins the business. T.H. Ryan has 90 trucks.
  • 1981 Tim Ryan joins the business.
  • 1985 T.H. Ryan is running over 95 power units and has over a 150 trailers. T.H. Ryan’s business begins to focus on dedicated truck and driver leasing and logistics.
  • 2005 T.H. Ryan grows to 260 power units, 400 trailers and 240 drivers. T. R. Ryan is contracted to 30 dedicated accounts along with its cartage business. T.H. Ryan celebrates it “100 Year Anniversary” and has grown to be the oldest and largest cartage company in the Chicago area.